My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Night With a Frienemy

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Switchblade

Switchblade

A Night With a Frienemy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Night With a Frienemy   A Night With a Frienemy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 9:28 pm

Switchblade nodded at her assurance that she was okay. At Midnight's question, he looked at her "Well I'm glad you think I'm that popular, but no, I found her on the street and took her in; I couldn't leave her there." he looked at the path ahead, making sure not to lose concentration on where he was going. "Probably best to tell you that are foe cannot be killed in its physical form."
Back to top Go down
Zephyr Botanica

Zephyr Botanica

PostSubject: Re: A Night With a Frienemy   A Night With a Frienemy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 6:16 pm

"That was very kind of you." She remarked in regards to his 'adoption.'

As to his statement concerning their new foe, she replied, "If not in the physical, then how? I have no magic so I can't assault its essence." She stepped away from the wall and turned to face Switchblade more directly. At her own statement she frowned, rather ashamed. The young mare desired to be able to perform so much better than she did, but her capabilities were limited due to her species. Sure, she had some abilities that other races couldn't, such as sonar and excellent night vision and hearing, but what good were those traits in comparison to magic?

Midnight glanced to her left side, where her three-pronged lance was attached to her armor. She could wield it with precision and ease- but only against those with solid forms. Swords, the bow and arrow, daggers- she has extensive knowledge on all sorts of weapons, none of which seemed to matter for this mission. In short, the bat pony felt useless.
Back to top Go down
Switchblade

Switchblade

PostSubject: Re: A Night With a Frienemy   A Night With a Frienemy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 6:23 pm

Switchblade looked down sadly "You'll know what to when you see the opportunity, just make sure you find somepony to take care of my daughter afterwards." his voice started cracking as he finished "I'm the only vessel it'll want to try to possess."
Back to top Go down
Zephyr Botanica

Zephyr Botanica

PostSubject: Re: A Night With a Frienemy   A Night With a Frienemy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 8:29 pm

"What do you mean by that?" Midnight inquired with a great deal of concern. Of course the young mare was more than capable of knowing, but it still had to be asked. Fortunately, his following explanation gave her some much wanted insight. "You can't mean.." If he was to be possessed by the Nightmare, it would meld its essence with his own. Essentially, the two would be one entity, and thus it would have a physical form. At this, she shook her head. "No. I couldn't possibly do that. I've never taken the life of an innocent before, and I don't ever intend to. There has to be another way."

Enraged, the bat pony stomped her hoof, cracking the stone beneath it. She snarled, fangs clenched tight against one another, brilliant yellow eyes shining with anger. "We need to discuss this with other unicorns. There must be some sort of spell we can use, or an artifact that can bind and capture it. There's never only one choice. I will not accept this one." Midnight slammed her wings downward, creating a gust powerful enough to stir all the dust from the stone pathway as well as to send her a good hundred feet straight up. "We don't have to go to the Royal Guard. There are plenty of magic users that inhabit Canterlot."

She turned her head to look over the great city. Within those countless homes, many more residents slumbered peacefully. While Canterlot did not house only those of the unicorn race, their primary census was composed of them. Surely their salvation was amongst them...
Back to top Go down
Switchblade

Switchblade

PostSubject: Re: A Night With a Frienemy   A Night With a Frienemy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 8:41 pm

Switchblade sighed "Tried that already, if there is another way, then it hasn't been discovered yet." he looked around the street sadly "Besides, you wouldn't be killing me; you'd be killing that thing in my body. It works by taking over your soul, moving yours into some dark corner of yourself."
Back to top Go down
Zephyr Botanica

Zephyr Botanica

PostSubject: Re: A Night With a Frienemy   A Night With a Frienemy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 8:58 pm

Midnight glanced back to him. "In order to strike it, I would have to strike you." She stated matter-of-factually. "And if it is your soul it inhabits, then what would become of it once the beast is taken down?" Earlier, he sounded for certain that his life would be forfeit. Now, though, there seemed to be an ounce of hope. "This 'dark corner' you speak of..this confounds me." The young mare rubbed her helmet, stroking at the temple beneath. "Could you not fight against it? I'm really uncertain how this all works. I'm more of a stab and slice than a spiritual pony."

She plopped onto her haunches and dangled her front hooves over the bridge's marble railing. From behind, her tail flicked back and forth, her brain working overtime to make sense of it all. "I wonder if Princess Luna would know anything about this." Midnight's voice softened. "After all, she was corrupted once." It was painful to remind herself of Nightmare Moon- the evil alicorn the sweet younger alicorn sister had become due to her jealous and rage. Everyone in her family tried their best to avoid speaking of that time, but the story was still passed down from generation to generation to set an example.
Back to top Go down
Switchblade

Switchblade

PostSubject: Re: A Night With a Frienemy   A Night With a Frienemy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 10:33 pm

Switchblade shrugged "Last time I spoke with the royals it was about the incident, I don't think they'll want to know about the sentiment of it, besides I don't think they'll permit us to know about that incident, you are a member of the Bulwark family, but I'm only an ex-recovery agent."
Back to top Go down
Zephyr Botanica

Zephyr Botanica

PostSubject: Re: A Night With a Frienemy   A Night With a Frienemy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 12:07 am

"I am a trusted member of the Night Guard, as well as a Bulwark, but that does not mean that the Princess would confide in me, either." It was starting to seem hopeless. Switchblade was convinced that there wasn't anypony capable of aiding them. Worse, the only possibility according to him, was for him to be possessed so the entity could manifest a physical form. She was still firmly against such a plan, but running short on ideas. "If not even the sisters can help, then I'm not sure what else to recommend. Unless.."

Getting back onto her hooves, Midnight launched herself into the air again and descended until she was level with the bridge's bottom. Here she hovered, her powerful wings keeping her aloft with every simple stroke. Her eyes cast down upon a doorway far to the south, beside which two Royal Guards stood watch. The door between them was made of solid stone and had archaic symbols carved into it, hinting that only a certain sort of magic could open it. "I wonder if someone in there could help." She suggested, gesturing to the prison's primary entrance.

"There are prisoners there who wield the dark arts, or partake in equally evil rituals. Perhaps they might have some insight on how we can face our Nightmare. Persuading them may be difficult, however."
Back to top Go down
Switchblade

Switchblade

PostSubject: Re: A Night With a Frienemy   A Night With a Frienemy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 12:11 pm

Switchblade looked at Midnight "I helped to put over half of those criminals in there, why would any of them want to help me live. So unless you have an idea, I can't see how this would work out in our favour. Besides, why are you so intent on finding another way; you don't even know me."
Back to top Go down
Zephyr Botanica

Zephyr Botanica

PostSubject: Re: A Night With a Frienemy   A Night With a Frienemy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 5:57 pm

"Then you don't have to come. I can talk to them on my own." Midnight said as she continued to stare at the door. The prison wasn't a place she routinely visited, which worked a bit in her favor. Since the criminals didn't know of her, there was more of a chance that they may loosen their tongues. Of course, she would have to eliminate her uniform and 'doll' herself up a bit to put on the feminine charm and help them along. While she didn't really expect that to work, considering not many cared for her species, there were some who may find her attractive based solely on the fact that her kind was 'exotic.'

"No, I don't know you, but that doesn't matter. You're a stallion worthy of respect and an innocent- your life is valued and shouldn't be thrown away so fast." Midnight stroked her chin, still considering the possibility of seducing a prisoner or two into giving her the information she desired. "Plus, you now have somepony that needs you. You should think more about your daughter and how she might feel hearing you talking about sacrificing yourself for the greater good." She looked over her shoulder to him. "She already lost everpony she knew once. Could she make it through any more loss?"
Back to top Go down
Switchblade

Switchblade

PostSubject: Re: A Night With a Frienemy   A Night With a Frienemy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 6:35 pm

Switchblade smiled "Guess you're right; I owe it to Pillow to return home, let's go talk with some prisoners; I suppose some might loosen their lips when they remember me. I can't just let you do what I think you're planning on doing; you have honour to retain."
Back to top Go down
Zephyr Botanica

Zephyr Botanica

PostSubject: Re: A Night With a Frienemy   A Night With a Frienemy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 9:47 pm

"Honor and pride." Midnight corrected him while blushing deeply. It was true that she would have been completely lost, and not to mention embarrassed, trying to flaunt her feminine goods for a bunch of ruffians. For one, the young mare never actually tried it before- but she did witness several seductresses in her lifetime. The mares of all different species acted all the same; they smiled and giggled a lot, tossed their manes, batted their lashes. How difficult could it really be? "So I thank you for saving me from myself." Very difficult. Or impossible.

Energized by their new plan, the bat pony pulled her wings back and entered a swift dive. Moments before she would have impacted with the ground they flared back out, allowing her to level out and glide the remaining distance to her destination. Once close enough, her wings flapped forward while her body arched back, stopping her and allowing for a hover. From that point she descended and firmly planted all four hooves on the stone ground, then bowed in greeting to the guards at the door.

"Good evening gentleponies." Raising back to her full height, she saluted them. "I am Night Guard Midnight Bulwark, and I request entrance to the prison cells."
Back to top Go down
Switchblade

Switchblade

PostSubject: Re: A Night With a Frienemy   A Night With a Frienemy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 12:46 pm

Switchblade used his magic to teleport to the doors, once there, he walked up to the guards himself "Switchblade to visit east ward prisoners." to emphasize his point, he showed his permit to the guards "Without intervention."
Back to top Go down
Zephyr Botanica

Zephyr Botanica

PostSubject: Re: A Night With a Frienemy   A Night With a Frienemy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 10:48 pm

The unicorn stallions looked first to the bat pony, whom they didn't recognize by sight but did by name. Before they could agree to let her through, they were momentarily stunned by a sudden flash of magic. Being of the breed to use such a source, they seemed unconcerned, though the young mare wobbled from side to side, her vision momentarily damaged by the light. The one to the left looked to his comrade there after and gave an affirmative nod before stepping aside, while his almost identical twin turned to face the door and pressed his horn to it.

Midnight watched as he conjured a spell, which was released as a warm yellow light. This mist-like substance traced along the runes etched into the stone, causing them to glow for the duration of the spell. Once all were activated, she could clearly hear locks beyond her vision undoing themselves, and sure enough, the barrier opened on its own accord. To show her gratitude, she offered the stallions a pleasant smile and nod before proudly stepping past them and through the threshold, into a narrow corridor beyond that was illuminated via torchlight.

"You know this place better than I. So please, take the lead."
Back to top Go down
Switchblade

Switchblade

PostSubject: Re: A Night With a Frienemy   A Night With a Frienemy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 5:27 pm

Switchblade stepped into the corridor without saying another word to the guards, he walked in front of Midnight and said to her "Follow me; I know exactly who to talk to." he walked down the corridor before taking several side passages, at the entrance, he stopped "I'm going to try to stay out of sight to keep them from panicking, I'll assist if needed."
Back to top Go down
Zephyr Botanica

Zephyr Botanica

PostSubject: Re: A Night With a Frienemy   A Night With a Frienemy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 8:16 pm

Their walk was rather long, though not just because of the distance- neither of them said one word to the other, so time ticked on much slower. She followed a few paces behind Switchblade, her body fading in and out of the shadows that the blazing torches cast. While their illumination was helpful, for her, they were unnecessary- the young mare could easily navigate via sonar alone. In fact, the fire hurt her eyes more than helped, though after a while she became immune to their ferocity. All the while, she attempted to map out their course in her memory in case they needed a quick escape or something went awry.

Eventually, they came to a larger walkway, deep beneath the castle. At the far end was a solitary wooden door without a single guard to watch it. While Midnight found such a fact peculiar, she shrugged- no doubt there were unseen security measures being taken (magical ones at least). Her head turned to Switchblade when he spoke and she nodded thereafter. Taking a deep breath, the bat pony progressed forward, her steps sure and steady.

The door was easily pushed open. Now exposed was a corridor lined with cells on both sides. She could smell a musty odor from mold and hear the soft breathing of many inmates. Her yellow eyes spotted a second door, this one made of metal, at the opposite end. It lead to another cell, she presumed, but one that kept the inhabitant separate from the others. Figuring this was the prisoner Switchblade referred to, she started her way towards it, completely ignoring the desperate and fierce figures at her sides.

At the door, there was a small rectangular window near its top. Midnight reared onto her hind hooves and planted her front ones against the door for balance, then slid the window open. "I need to have a word with you." She couldn't see inside, but she could hear and smell someone beyond..
Back to top Go down
Switchblade

Switchblade

PostSubject: Re: A Night With a Frienemy   A Night With a Frienemy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 10:05 pm

A rustling emerged from behind the door, sounding like a pony rapidly getting to their hooves, suddenly a pair of darkened eyes glared through the bars, the pony spoke quickly, with a weasely tone "Who knocks? No, wait. Doesn't matter. One who seeks answers gets silence. Hmm, a batpony one? No still doesn't matter, I will not talk to you!" Switchblade leaned against the wall, a hooded cloak hiding his identity from onlookers.
Back to top Go down
Zephyr Botanica

Zephyr Botanica

PostSubject: Re: A Night With a Frienemy   A Night With a Frienemy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 9:17 pm

Her ears twitched. Somepony was definitely hyperactive.

Midnight looked over her shoulder to Switchblade, whom had drawn his cloak's hood over his head. Clearly, he didn't want anypony to recognize him. Not like they can do anything to him behind bars. Even the unicorns down here have their magic disabled, surely. She licked her lips and swallowed hard, wondering if the stallion was going to assist her or not. He's the expert in all this. Why am I the one here at this door? Mentally, the young mare sighed and shook her head.

"If you won't talk to me, perhaps you'll speak with my friend?" The bat pony gestured for Switchblade to come over. Hopefully, he would. "I believe you two are acquainted with one another." Midnight paused, pondering what else to put out. "We mean you no harm, if that's what you fear." Well, at least she could say so for herself.
Back to top Go down
Switchblade

Switchblade

PostSubject: Re: A Night With a Frienemy   A Night With a Frienemy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 9:58 pm

Switchblade walked forwards, pulling his hood off his head "Speak for yourself; if I was less moral then he would be dead by now." he said angrily "You are truly detestable, you willingly let that thing take control of you and then you also show no guilt from killing 'her'." he snarled.
"No, not you. Please, I'll tell you whatever you need to know. Why would you come here?" he practically cried while speaking.
"I just want a conversation with my old general, that's all." Switchblade said dryly "And feel free to answer my associates questions."
Back to top Go down
Zephyr Botanica

Zephyr Botanica

PostSubject: Re: A Night With a Frienemy   A Night With a Frienemy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 7:39 pm

Midnight had a feeling that she already was speaking for herself, but his confirmation of such only made her sigh. She knew so little about this stallion other than his name, reputation and a bit of his background concerning it. I am definitely going to have a long conversation with my father after all this. Nonetheless, she lowered onto all fours and stepped aside, giving him ample room. Killing..her? Could he be talking about= As an epiphany hit her square in the snout, she fumbled, unsure whether or not to pull Switchblade aside and handle things herself.

Old Gener- well son of a- The situation was far worse than she imagined. Still, it did make her rather confused. If this was the same general that had been corrupted and driven to madness, why was Switchblade's reputation so horrible? It was obvious that the older stallion was at fault (he wouldn't be imprisoned otherwise)- no amount of loyalty brainwashing could cover that up. I'm still not convinced that the others aren't being influenced by this dark entity. Switchblade can turn a blind eye to it all he wants- I'm keeping my guard up on this point.

Midnight looked up to the door's window. "The creature that possessed you. Tell me everything you know about that Primal Nightmare."
Back to top Go down
Switchblade

Switchblade

PostSubject: Re: A Night With a Frienemy   A Night With a Frienemy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 7:58 pm

The stallion looked at Midnight and smiled "Ah, I knew you would ask about them. They are beautiful, aren't they. So majestic in their pure evil but yet so kind to those who accept them into their hearts and minds." The stallion shook as he spoke, trembling in some terrible exhaltation.
Switchblade looked at him with pity "That's all he'll say for now, perhaps if I try a different approach." Switchblade whispered to Midnight. He turned to the stallion "I'm looking for a way to keep it safe from harm, is there anything I need to destroy that could harm it?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
Zephyr Botanica

Zephyr Botanica

PostSubject: Re: A Night With a Frienemy   A Night With a Frienemy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2014 9:27 pm

She quirked a brow. I can understand the want for power, but it seems to have manifested as a physical dependence for him. Her gaze narrowed as squinted, thinking deeper on the subject. And to be so desperate to accept something so unnatural into one's self? It's sickening. Truly. Her nostrils flared with a sneer of disgust. They feed on the weak of will. This once great general must have broken under the pressure of his rank to have fallen so far. The young mare shook her head slowly, embarrassed for him. Not every pony is cut out for such responsibility.

Midnight turned her head to Switchblade and nodded. "Be my guest." With a few lazy flaps of her wings, the bat pony ascended. One great stroke and she shifted her weight forward to perform a flip, though stopped half-way and hooked her hooves around the outer ring of a hanging brazier. While for most a hanging position as such would be uncomfortable, this posture allowed her to clear her mind and feel at peace. Her long ears twitched to the stallion's inquiry while her lips curled into a sinister smirk.

Very manipulative.
Back to top Go down
Switchblade

Switchblade

PostSubject: Re: A Night With a Frienemy   A Night With a Frienemy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 8:54 am

Switchblade and the other stallion talked for a while until Switchblade turned around, he looked up at Midnight and nodded "Time to move on to the next part of our investigation." he said in his usual calm tone, but his face showed signs of great sadness and pain.
Back to top Go down
Zephyr Botanica

Zephyr Botanica

PostSubject: Re: A Night With a Frienemy   A Night With a Frienemy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 5:33 pm

The two seemed to have been engaged in conversation for quite some time. Yet, despite her large ears, she couldn't completely make out their words thanks to the echoes of the corridor. She tried to strain herself into being able to, but no amount of effort helped. Thus, the bat pony was left to wait and wonder from her roost, her arms crossed along her chest in frustration. Normally, echoes are my greatest ally. But these are just infuriating. Her furry ears twitched to emphasize her feelings.

After what felt like an eternity, Switchblade settled back and seemed eager to get moving again. Midnight unhooked her legs and extended her wings out to their fullest so she could lazily glide down and plant her hooves on solid ground again. The expression he bore didn't go unnoticed. "So, what would that be?" She inquired with true curiosity. "You seem to have been stricken deep by his words. Care to vent what ails you?"
Back to top Go down
Switchblade

Switchblade

PostSubject: Re: A Night With a Frienemy   A Night With a Frienemy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 6:32 pm

Switchblade looked at Midnight his face down, he led her away from the cell first "Every time I see new guards, I see how well conditioned they are to follow their leaders without question. Then I look back here and see a pony whom I would have given my life for, years ago, who then turned on me and betrayed all the trust put in him. It took me months to recover physically, and I have never recovered mentally." his voice cracked towards the end of his statement, but he stopped himself from crying.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Night With a Frienemy   A Night With a Frienemy - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Night With a Frienemy
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next