My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Necessary Recovery.

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Arpeggio

Arpeggio

Necessary Recovery. - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necessary Recovery.   Necessary Recovery. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 1:40 am

He chuckled, stopping his improvising. "Perhaps. Jazz singing is pretty fun too, and that's what a lot of what I was doing is used in. I have a few songbooks on that shelf; pick out something you like, bud."
Back to top Go down
Amber Flash

Amber Flash

PostSubject: Re: Necessary Recovery.   Necessary Recovery. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 1:45 am

Thunderclap quickly skimmed through the songbooks. He did not care about what was in there. He already had a song in mind. He sat next to his friend on the piano bench. "I'm going to start the song and you try to play along, OK?" He then started to sing, slowly, in his natural deep voice. " That's a sad song that used to be our song The one you just played I wonder if I'd stayed what we'd be doing now." It was a song his father used to sing a lot, and Thunderclap grew to embrace it as a memory of home.

(Sad Song by Paul Williams. Sorry I have no YouTube link.)
Back to top Go down
Arpeggio

Arpeggio

PostSubject: Re: Necessary Recovery.   Necessary Recovery. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 1:55 am

Arpeggio did recognize the tune; he played along, enjoying the sound of his friend's deep voice. He closed his eyes, letting the music flow.
Back to top Go down
Amber Flash

Amber Flash

PostSubject: Re: Necessary Recovery.   Necessary Recovery. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 2:00 am

Thunderclap continued to sing, closing his eyes to focus on the music. " Yeah, but part of bein' people is an ever changing mind. His mind filled with images of home. His father's face and goggles covered in black soot and ashes. His mother in the kitchen making supper. His family's field. He continued to sing, unknown to him, slowly leaning closer to Arpeggio.
Back to top Go down
Arpeggio

Arpeggio

PostSubject: Re: Necessary Recovery.   Necessary Recovery. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 2:03 am

Arpeggio left his eyes closed, his hooves and wings easily playing along to the song. He wasn't aware of Thunder leaning closer to him either, so lost in the music was he.
Back to top Go down
Amber Flash

Amber Flash

PostSubject: Re: Necessary Recovery.   Necessary Recovery. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 2:06 am

Thunderclap had reached his favourite part of the song. He really belted these lines out to the best of his ability. " So play it one more time That symphony in rhyme!" His wings stuck out with this line, just barely grazing his friend.
Back to top Go down
Arpeggio

Arpeggio

PostSubject: Re: Necessary Recovery.   Necessary Recovery. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 2:10 am

Arpeggio smiled, his wings extending as well as the music overtook him; he continued to play along, now harmonizing with his friend.
Back to top Go down
Amber Flash

Amber Flash

PostSubject: Re: Necessary Recovery.   Necessary Recovery. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 2:13 am

Thunderclap reached the end of the song. His wings folded back to his side and his eyes opened up. "Well I don't think we are that bad! I may be dragging you down, of course." He said with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Arpeggio

Arpeggio

PostSubject: Re: Necessary Recovery.   Necessary Recovery. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 2:21 am

He refolded his wings as well. "Bah, you don't give yourself enough credit; you have a beautiful bass voice. Nice, rich, and deep." He smiled. "We go well together."
Back to top Go down
Amber Flash

Amber Flash

PostSubject: Re: Necessary Recovery.   Necessary Recovery. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 2:25 am

"You say that a lot, you know that? 'We go well together',you have said it quite a few times." Thunderclap then turned to face his friend. "And whether or not I'm good, you are still better." He smiled.
Back to top Go down
Arpeggio

Arpeggio

PostSubject: Re: Necessary Recovery.   Necessary Recovery. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 2:32 am

"Well, it's the truth, isn't it? Our voices blend well. And thanks for the complement; I really can't wait to hear what your voice would sound like with a bit of vocal training." He poked Thunder's chest and stomach. "I teach you to use these muscles just right for singing and you'll be in business."
Back to top Go down
Amber Flash

Amber Flash

PostSubject: Re: Necessary Recovery.   Necessary Recovery. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 2:37 am

Thunderclap shook his head. "My muscles are used for flying in storms. Ever flown in a storm? Its hard work. You need a big body and strong wings to stop yourself from blowing around." Thunderclap stood up. "You're the singer. I just do it for fun. I don't really need training. I'll take it, because you are kind enough to offer, but I don't really need it." He then began to walk up the stairs. "I'm getting a drink, singing makes me thirsty. You want anything?" He asked.
Back to top Go down
Arpeggio

Arpeggio

PostSubject: Re: Necessary Recovery.   Necessary Recovery. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 2:39 am

"Fair enough. I'm also offering because I want to; I've never taught lessons but I've always wanted to. I'd like some water, please. About how much longer do you have? I don't want to make you late for your date." He said the last word teasingly.
Back to top Go down
Amber Flash

Amber Flash

PostSubject: Re: Necessary Recovery.   Necessary Recovery. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 2:44 am

"OK, two waters coming up." He continued his walk up the stairs, but froze in his tracks. "Its not a date." He said. "Sure, she is nice, and cute, but we're just friends going to see a game. That is all." Thunderclap then decided to return the teasing. "Why? Are you jealous that she's taking me away from you? Are you scared you'll lose me?" He laughed as he continued to the kitchen.
Back to top Go down
Arpeggio

Arpeggio

PostSubject: Re: Necessary Recovery.   Necessary Recovery. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 11:18 am

He laughed back. "C'mon, Thunderclap; that'd be petty. Best friends forever, right?" He got up off the piano bench, sitting down on the couch down there instead.
Back to top Go down
Amber Flash

Amber Flash

PostSubject: Re: Necessary Recovery.   Necessary Recovery. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 11:48 am

Thunderclap laughed." Oh come on. I'm just teasing." He went into the kitchen and poured two glasses of water.He chugged his water in one go. "Oh, that was nice and refreshing.
Back to top Go down
Arpeggio

Arpeggio

PostSubject: Re: Necessary Recovery.   Necessary Recovery. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 12:22 pm

"Good to hear. Can I have mine, please?" He chuckled. "So, tell me... have you been enjoying your stay in town so far?"
Back to top Go down
Amber Flash

Amber Flash

PostSubject: Re: Necessary Recovery.   Necessary Recovery. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 3:22 pm

Thunderclap nodded. He passed his friend the glass of water. "Oh ya! I love it here! I've met some good friends and have had some good times. That spa was a little awkward though." He said and laughed.
Back to top Go down
Arpeggio

Arpeggio

PostSubject: Re: Necessary Recovery.   Necessary Recovery. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 7:23 pm

He laughed as well, drinking his glass of water. "I don't think either of us will ever forget that experience."
Back to top Go down
Amber Flash

Amber Flash

PostSubject: Re: Necessary Recovery.   Necessary Recovery. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 7:51 pm

Thunderclap shrugged. "Oh I'm sure I can forget about it. If I have a similar experience with somepony else." He chuckled and filled his glass up again. He chugged it all in one go. Thunderclap ran his hoof through his mane. "Hmm, I should have to go soon, but not quite yet." He walked over closer to his friend. "Anything you wanna do till then?" He asked.
Back to top Go down
Arpeggio

Arpeggio

PostSubject: Re: Necessary Recovery.   Necessary Recovery. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 8:39 pm

"I dunno. I just feel like sitting for a bit. Wanna join me?" He chuckled, taking another drink of his water.
Back to top Go down
Amber Flash

Amber Flash

PostSubject: Re: Necessary Recovery.   Necessary Recovery. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 9:18 pm

"Sure, I'll sit with you." He said and sat on the couch. "Ok, now what?" He asked, and laughed.
Back to top Go down
Arpeggio

Arpeggio

PostSubject: Re: Necessary Recovery.   Necessary Recovery. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 2:41 am

He laughed as well. "I don't know, Thunder. One doesn't have to race around all the time, you know."
Back to top Go down
Amber Flash

Amber Flash

PostSubject: Re: Necessary Recovery.   Necessary Recovery. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 10:54 am

Thunderclap lowered his head. "I know." he said. He leaned back in his seat. "But if you haven't figured out, I like to do stuff." He spread out on the couch, letting his entire boody relax.
Back to top Go down
Arpeggio

Arpeggio

PostSubject: Re: Necessary Recovery.   Necessary Recovery. - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 1:18 pm

"I understand completely, my friend." Arpeggio began rubbing his friend's back with a hoof. "Is this alright, Thunder? I'll do my best to make sure you don't fall asleep."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Necessary Recovery.   Necessary Recovery. - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Necessary Recovery.
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next