My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kingdoms RP thread.

Go down 
+3
Kenpachi Ramasama
Rosey Bubbles
Torna
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Torna

Torna

Kingdoms RP thread. Empty
PostSubject: Kingdoms RP thread.   Kingdoms RP thread. I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 1:55 am

This is the RP thread for Kingdoms https://mlp-fim-oc-rp.rpg-board.net/t1815-kingdoms-closed-pm-request-to-join#23620

The Empire of Aragon in all its glory stood at the mountains, the valleys, the steppes, the deserts, the rivers, even the forests and jungles. Every terrain was in the Empire, that which lasted but a single dynasty encompassed a large land size. Torna remembers the stories of how her ancestors conquered the lands of another empire to gain their rightful place here, with the city of the world's desire. But they had not gained it yet. They would need to. Trade was going well, since their cities were a crossroads of sorts between cultures. Aragon accepted all merchants, as they traded Western good with the East and Eastern good with the South and Southern goods with the rest. But something was missing.....the ocean. They would need to reach the great inland sea to become the world center for trade. That way, all would have access from all continents, and the empire would reach glory. Torna looked past the horizon at the unclaimed lands. One day, she told herself, one day.

World map: https://imgur.com/LD8QJVr

Last edited by Torna on Wed May 22, 2013 3:22 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rosey Bubbles

Rosey Bubbles

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms RP thread.   Kingdoms RP thread. I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 2:15 am

Gaazhak was a simple place. There were the hollowed out trees in which it's inhabbitants slept, to get closer to the forest spirits, there was the big ring of rock in the center, which had all of the spirits chizzled onto it. There was a river, a common place to bathe or have a drink of it's cool water, but today, floating on it was a galley. This galley held all sorts of goods that they would trade to the civilizations on the mainland.

Standing on the shore of the river, watching Gaazhak's newest achievement (the galley), was Sunny Days. You wouldn't call her "Sunny Days" though, it was customary to call the chief "Hotep Ra," and that's what she was known as.

"They are ready," one of the Gaazhak inhabitants told her, pointing to the young foals in the center of the chizzled rock. To make sure that the galley had a safe passing, they would sacrifice a few of their young to the Water Spirits.

Hotep Ra gave each of the foals a leaf, known for its poisonous abilities. They digested this, and slowly, their eyelids closed peacefully shut. It was done.

She then made her way to the galley. It was quite beautiful and amazing in her opinion, with its long, slender, frame. It took quite some time to plan out and make, so it was exciting to see it completed. She had yet to see what the other kingdoms were like, and only knew that they existed.

With a few trading experts, she embarked on the galley, excited to see the mainland they had yearned to go to for so long.

Last edited by Sunny on Wed May 22, 2013 3:04 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kenpachi Ramasama

Kenpachi Ramasama

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms RP thread.   Kingdoms RP thread. I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 2:18 am

High up in the southern mountains, the seat of power of the Adralithiel Empire stood. Lithiel, beautiful city of marble and dark wood. With opened plazas and shrines. Above the city stood the Palace of the night, a temple for Luna and home of Empress Akasha. Akasha steps onto a balcony and looks down on the city and the valley far below. Her people, mainly a population of Pegasus had turn aside from a war path and had worked to turn their nation into a peaceful paradise. It was almost always snowing up in mountains, but her people were accustomed to it. She looked one last time before turning and retiring to her chambers.

Lithiel The Shangri La
Spoiler:

Last edited by Shadowfax on Sat May 25, 2013 3:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Torna

Torna

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms RP thread.   Kingdoms RP thread. I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 3:13 am

"Onward, we attack." Torna tells the armies. They are mobilizing their army to move to Eremus. The city of the world's desire would be hers. Nothing would stand in their way. The bombards would be plentiful, cavalry surrounding the city, blocking supplies. They would get in, or the enemy would come out. On the way, maybe they could build even larger bombards. The Great Bombards would surely breach the walls! It would all be over soon. Her army would make a straight march for it. Forget the rest of Eremus, the city was all that mattered. It would be the ultimate victory, and Torna was still determined to not let anything get in their way. Any resistance would be stopped. They would capture the city or she would die trying. Onward they marched, making quick haste from a large supply of horses, built for speed, and the army riding them. A hundred miles a day, they would make it to Eremus in no time. This was not an easy thing for her, however, to order the deaths of hundreds, maybe thousands, maybe even millions. She did not want to see any bloodshed, but capturing the city was a necessity.

World map: https://2img.net/h/i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r610/somethingidontcare/Worldmapkingdoms2_zpsca214bed.png
Back to top Go down
Thespi Bacchanalian

Thespi Bacchanalian

Location : half a block between Here and There, and about a mile from Anywhere

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms RP thread.   Kingdoms RP thread. I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 4:07 am

((TORNA I HAVE A QUESTION. are we assuming that we are still all ponies? because then wouldn't that make aerial combat an magic factors, as well as make cavalry obsolete? or are we all hoomins.))

On the south-western coast of the Inner Sea, the great empire of Eremus flourished.

A metropolitan empire, the spires of the capital city of Kaddath rose gracefully from the surrounding jungle on the delta it called home.

It was a fair city, full of life. Most ponies were content, and those who were not found it easy to rise above themselves.

It was the City of the World's Desire, and it had earned that name for every dream that brought ponies there.
((visuals!
http://lionel23.deviantart.com/art/Coltstantinople-The-Gem-of-Equestria-357539524
Props to the original artist))

In the Royal Guardens, OzyManedias III chatted with his advisor.

"But why? Why would the Aragonians attack us?" Vassago, Right Hand of the Emperor inquired. Although a foal, the young advisor had proven himself magically and intellectually, making fast friends with the young Emperor.

OzyManedias sighed as he surveyed his city. His city. "Luna be damned if I know. Do you think its because they think our Mares are prettier than theirs? Or our stallion's know how to kiss better?" This elicited a chuckle from a nearby guard, who instantly resumed his steadfast vigil.

Vassago foated about his master as they entered the Hall of Five, overlooking the norther jungles. "Well they are going to have a time trying to lay siege to Kaddath, they can't fully cut us off of supplies unless they split their forces in half."

OzyManedias III considered this. "Right. Send word to Ramses' Rest to muster some reinforcement if need be."

Vassago nodded solemnly. "Yes, of course."

OzyManedias stared over the wall at the jungles bellow. "Tell me, Vassago. What is the land like in Aragon?"

. "It is a very varied place, Imperator. It has forests, mountains, mostly plains though."

OzyManedias' brow furrowed. "and how many do you think will be marching against our gates?"

"About a straight thousand, Imperator."

"And how many able-bodies do we have?"

"About Six hundred, Imperator."

"Enough with the 'Imperator' nonsense, Vass. We have known each other too long for such trivial things." OzyManedias smiled down at the marvelously dense jungles. He had once been to the north, they had forests, sure.

There is a saying in Eremus:

"The jungles here are tighter than the flank of a Kaddathian whore."

Vassago smiled pleasantly. "OzyManedias, shall we to dinner, then make the proper arrangements for the invasion?" OzyManedias nodded agreement.

"Lord of Earth." OzyManedias beckoned towards one of the five governing lords of Eremus. The earth pony was large and cordial. "Yes, my lord?"

OzyManedias leaned upon a tapered pillar as he thought. "Can you... 'encourage' the jungle a little bit? Earth ponies are renown for their skills at agriculture."

"With about 50 ducats worth of horse-power and seed, anything is possible My lord."

"We have that money. Make the preparations." OzyManedias waved a hoof and so it was. He returned his attention to Vassago. "I am feeling fruit tonight. Are you feeling fruit? I don't know, I'm just dying for a couple of strawberries."

Last edited by OzyManedias on Wed May 22, 2013 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kenpachi Ramasama

Kenpachi Ramasama

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms RP thread.   Kingdoms RP thread. I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 10:01 am

Akasha walked out into her personal Garden and safe haven. She undid all her regal wear and set it aside then slide into the waters of a large hot springs. Springs like this dotted the side of the mountain, some in ponies gardens or their homes. Akasha lets out a deep sigh and slides down deeper, letting the warm water wash away any sores or knots. A cough interupts her thoughts. She turns to the sound and finds one of her squires.

S:"Your majesty, we received reports of a mass army from Aragon marching east, some are worried. What should we do?"

Akasha thought for a second the slide out the waters.

"Send a message and request a metting with their ruler."

The Squire writes down a poliet and respectful letter and has it sent right away.
Back to top Go down
Torna

Torna

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms RP thread.   Kingdoms RP thread. I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 7:11 pm

(Answers:
Well, it has been established in the MLP universe that ponies are still used for carriages and as work horses. For purposes of convenience, I am going to say that cavalry use horses instead of ponies. I will distinguish the two, ponies are the people and horses are like irl horses. Pegasi are weighed down by armor and weapons, so no flying. Instead they are generally faster troops, but unable to fly. Unicorns cannot use magic. Knowledge of it is limited, as many records were destroyed after the fall of the U.E.E., and it is now considered a 'pagan practice'. Religions condemn magic, and so in non-pagan nations it has been mostly bred out. Horns are more decorative now. Your choice if they show nobility in your nation or not. The pagan nations will be able to use what little magic there is available.)

Torna and her army had gotten closer every day. They had sped up pace as they went. They great bombards were built at night while the rest of the soldiers slept, and the smiths who made them slept during the day. Kaddath would belong to Aragon by the end of this, and nothing would get in her way. What is this? A messenger? She read the message, and sent a reply. It was a basic warning: do not interfere.
Back to top Go down
Rosey Bubbles

Rosey Bubbles

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms RP thread.   Kingdoms RP thread. I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 7:55 pm

Ares had a gray, foggy look to it in the morning that nopony could quite explain. It was as if a gray blanket was put over the entire kingdom. Queen Bithia looked down at her subjects from her palace on top of one of the mountain ranges,busy with the hustle and bustle of life in her glorious city. She looked to her left to see the army barracks in the distance, closely supervising the land below them to see any infiltrators approaching.

She went inside her palace to talk with some of her generals about politics.

"I'm telling you, your majesty, we must go to war with Aragon!"

"Why would I want to do that? I don't want another enemy on our back," she replied with a laugh.

"If we let them thrive for too long, they'll be to big to challenge!"

"And what if I don't want to challenge them, to just live in harmony?"

With a humph, the Generals left.

Bithia did not believe in starting random wars, she wanted the random wars to come to her. Their armies had much more of an advantage with the mountains they had at Ares.
Back to top Go down
Rosey Bubbles

Rosey Bubbles

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms RP thread.   Kingdoms RP thread. I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 8:12 pm

Hotep Ra found that the pony sacrifices worked. The galley got put on a current which made sailing so much faster. After thanking the Ocean Spirits, she sat down with her wise trading experts who came from the mainland, and knew some places there.

"I was thinking we could go up the river, and then travel to the nearby kingdom where we can trade our goods," one of them said.

Hotep Ra nodded, and looked ahead. She couldn't see any main land, but they had only been at sea for a couple of days.
Back to top Go down
Wild Card

Wild Card

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms RP thread.   Kingdoms RP thread. I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 9:17 pm

It was quite a beautiful day in Linoka. The sun was shining, nature was looking beautiful, and money and happiness was being made all around. Brawny Hooves, the great ruler of this fine country, opened the front doors to his palace, and breathed in the fresh air, his cape and mane flowing in the breeze.

"Ah, what a great day."

Brawny Hooves trotted through the marketplace, the biggest part of Linoka. Merchants were striking it rich, customers were happy, and good trade was bringing in better resources for buying and selling. They say money makes the world go 'round. Brawny must be spinning it.

Brawny talked to his advisers, looking for potential trade partners. There were a couple candidates. One being the nearby Civilization of Ares.

"Sir Brawny, we recommend opening trade with Queen Bithia. We could pay her a pretty ducat, and she could protect us."

"I agree, Sir Brawny. Our military is a little on the short side, and our economy is very strong."

"I agree. We should open trade with Ares. Send some diplomats with an offer. We pay them 50 Ducats per month, and they make sure we are unharmed."

"Yes sir!" Without a second thought, a squad of diplomats were sent to Ares to negotiate a trade. Pray to Luna that this works...
Back to top Go down
Rosey Bubbles

Rosey Bubbles

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms RP thread.   Kingdoms RP thread. I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 9:36 pm

Queen Bithia was tired from ruling her great and mighty empire, and was starting to feel a bit ill. She was quite fearful for her life, because they had yet to find a cure for common illnesses, and usually just prayed to Mamico, The God of Healing.

She laid to rest, when she heard a knock on her bedroom door.

"Come in,"

"Uhm, your majesty, diplomats from Linoka have come to discuss something with you," a soldier guarding her palace door said.

"Oh, one second, I'll get to my study, let them in, please," she told him, struggling to get from her bed.

She walked down to her study and showed the diplomats to a seat.

"Hello, we have come on behalf of Brawny Hooves to discuss a preposition,"

"Yes?"

"We will pay you 50 Ducats per month if you give us protection,"

Bithia was quite pleased with this. Her economy wasn't the best, and they get most of their money from conquest, so having a regular source of money would be nice.

"With all do respect, Sirs, you do realize that our army is possibly one of the best in all the land? One of the biggest, the strongest, the number one priority in all of Ares? If you want protection from MY army, you'll have to make it 75 ducats, and then we have a deal,"
Back to top Go down
Kid

Kid

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms RP thread.   Kingdoms RP thread. I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 9:42 pm

Medicina stepped out of her chieftain's hut and took a deep breath of the jungle air while moving to avoid above ground roots. Looking around at her tribe's settlement she smiled to herself. She enjoyed the nice hoof made jungle huts her tribe and created. They protected her people from the elements during a storm; yet we airy enough to prevent them all from sweating to death during the heat.

Adjusting her dress made from jungle leaves and vines; while wishing her fellow tribals didn't want her to wear it. She set out to check on everypony. Going from hut to hut to ensure everypony was happy and healthy. Laughing gently as she assured a multitude of foals that breakfast would be soon.

Finishing checking up on her fellow tribals; ensuring everypony was out to work and having fun. She trotted over to the village's farming fields. The large lush and ripe fruits and vegetables that were being grown there were both appealing to the eye and to the stomach. With how the diverse village worked; they produced (what Medicina thought) was the best crops. Being blessed by the spirits of farming and weather. Coupled with the ideas of pegasi, earth ponies and unicorns working together was what caused the crops to grow so healthy, large and nutritious.

Smiling to herself as she trotted into the center of the village; she shot up a small spark which indicated for everypony to come to the center. It was the part of the day to worship and thank the spirits for all they had given the tribe; to show your respect to them was to show respect to each other and to nature; to apologize for any wrongs they have committed and to sacrifice a few moments of their days and lives to do so.

After the small ceremony was done; everypony remained seated; except for a select few whose duty for the day was to feed the tribe. The ones who got up, started making divine creations using only the fruits and vegetables that were farmed or foraged from the jungle.

Once the meal had been finished and everypony had gone out to do their duties for the day; Medicina smiled up towards the sky and thanked the spirits again for blessing her tribe with the peace and prosperity they enjoyed. She also prayed to them for hope that they will be able to continue their ways for many moon cycles to come. Finishing up with this; she trotted off to do her own duties. Gathering medicinal herbs for the tribe, tending to the injured and old and teaching the foals the ways of the tribe and healing magic.

Last edited by Kid on Wed May 22, 2013 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wild Card

Wild Card

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms RP thread.   Kingdoms RP thread. I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 9:47 pm

Brawny's advisers stood and looked at the Queen. She wanted more Ducats. It wasn't a huge demand. Linoka had plenty to spend, and protection is a big deal. Even though they weren't likely for attack by anypony other than her.

"That sounds like a fair price. We're glad to hear we can make a deal." The adviser gave her 75 Ducats. "This is the first payment. Spend it well, my friend." The second adviser stopped and turned back to her. "75 Ducats was actually what Sir Brawny was planning to pay in the first place. Great minds think alike, I suppose."

The advisers trotted back to Linoka. A job well done, I must say. Linoka still had a steady income, and they wouldn't be brutally murdered anytime soon. Life is so much easier when you're rich.
Back to top Go down
Kenpachi Ramasama

Kenpachi Ramasama

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms RP thread.   Kingdoms RP thread. I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 11:11 pm

Akasha read the message and threw into into her room's fireplace.

"Greedy fool, only spreading war and death. She doesn't even have the dignity to meet with me, face to face! Dishonor!"

Akasha turned to her Squire.

"Prepare another to King Ozy the 3rd. Dear King OzyManedias, third of that name. I presume you are most definitely aware of Aragon marching towards you as I write. A war would cause harm to all Nations in trade and I fear Queen Torna is on a path of greed, greed for power. Negotiations between have been thin but I hope that maybe we can improve that. If things get worse I stand ready to call my Banners and march. Signed Empress Akasha."
Back to top Go down
Thespi Bacchanalian

Thespi Bacchanalian

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms RP thread.   Kingdoms RP thread. I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 11:32 pm

((Seeing my high science spending in effect!))

OzyManedias III dinned easily with an abundance of fresh fruit from the plentiful stores of his capital. The Five stood by him. He beckoned them to join him. "How goes the preparations? Is all well?" The Lord of Earth jumped to his side. "Just to your wishes, Imperator. The seeds are already showing growth and the roads to the Northern gate of the city will soon be blocked off." OzyManedias grinned. "Lets see thier war machines try and drive through that! Lord of Sea, what do you have for me?"

The Lord of Sea, a lanky, foxish Pegasus strode to his side. "Our ships were not ment to hold the weight of a Trebuchet, Imperator. Try as we might we have not been able to achieve a barge or ship stable enough to bear its weight. Her Lady of Metal says she may think of something that could be of equivalent use." OzyManedias munched thoughtfully on a cherry as he listened. He pointed to the Lady of Metal. "Well? Let us hear."

The Lady of Metal, a stoic mare, stepped mechanically to his side. "I have been working on a project, if it pleases, Imperator." She hooved him a parchment.

OzyManedias perused the sketches and measurements. "What am I looking at? It looks like an immense crossbow." He asked. The Lady of Metal pointed purposefully at the apparatus. "A ballista, sire. It has the range of thier bombards, but are lighter and easier for us to reload. His Lord of Water and I have successfully gotten one operational on one of out vessels." OzyManedias nodded, pleased with this. "How many can you get onto the water before they get to our gates?"

The Lady of Metal did a couple quick calculations in her head. "Another five, easily. Six in all."

OzyManedias pursed his lips together in thought. "Make it so. Speak with The Lord of Fire as well. I hear tell he has some suprise planned that I look foreward too." He dismissed all except The Lady of Wind.

The demure Pegasus flinched at the king's approach. "My Lady of Wind, What do your little birds and books tell you of the weather to come?"

The Lady of Wind stammered. "W-Well Imperator... the birds have foretold great winds to the north. And the day they arrive the winds will persist and the clouds will rain."

OzyManedias' eyes narrowed. "Let us pray to Luna it will not." He waved and dismissed the Lady of Wind. Only Vassago and Himself were left in the room. The silence settled as Vassago stared ahead and OzyManedias III stared at Vassago. "You know." OzyManedias spoke quietly. "I have heard... rumors that you spend your free time doing certain... Discordant things. There is tell your horn is not for show."

Vassago stared straight ahead. "I am sure those are simply myths and slander."

OzyManedias closed his eyes and smiled fitfully. "Of course."
Back to top Go down
Kid

Kid

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms RP thread.   Kingdoms RP thread. I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 11:32 pm

Medicina smiled as she continued on with her daily duties. The foals today seemed more receptive to her lessons than she had expected; this made that duty go by quicker, so she was done sooner. After finish up all her duties, she headed back to her chieftain hut.

When Medicina arrived back at the hut, one of the village elders was waiting for her there. Inviting the elder into her hut for some tea and berries; she wasn't surprised to learn that there reason for the visit. Listening to the elder speak her mind and what she would like to happen; Medicina called a meeting for all the other elders and some of the tribes brightest.

The meeting seemed to go by quickly as it was light hearted; like most meetings the tribe had. After it was finished making it's decision; the tribe made preparations to carry the decision out.

It took awhile before it was completed; but they finally managed it. The island tribes very first attempt to communicate with the outside world. Using their most skilled artisan; they had him craft multiple pieces of wood to state:

"The tribe of Salus Socius is looking to meet ponies. We ask only to send unarmed ponies to attempt communication; as we do not wish any fighting."

As well as having their best magician cast a spell to have the pieces of wood enchanted. The enchantment made the wood more noticeable to pony eyes and allowed the wood to stay in perfect condition.

Taking these pieces of wood and throwing them into separate currents; the tribe could only hope that the ones who found the pieces had pure hearts and peaceful intentions.
Back to top Go down
Thespi Bacchanalian

Thespi Bacchanalian

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms RP thread.   Kingdoms RP thread. I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 12:11 am

OzyManedias III looked up from the map of Kaddath and the surrounding countryside to address the Messenger.

"A what?"

The rest of the Five looked up as well.

"A letter, Imperator. From Her Empress Akasha."

OzyManedias raked his mind to connect a face with that name.

"Is she the one with the fantastic flan-"

"Empress Akasha from the Adralithiel Empire." The Messenger interrupted his lord.

OzyManedias smiled warmly. "She is! I remember visiting her with... with Father. very good very good. read it aloud."

The messenger coughed to clear his throat. "Dear King OzyManedias, third of that name. I presume you are most definitely aware of Aragon marching towards you as I write. A war would cause harm to all Nations in trade and I fear Queen Torna is on a path of greed, greed for power. Negotiations between have been thin but I hope that maybe we can improve that. If things get worse I stand ready to call my Banners and march. Signed Empress Akasha."

OzyManedias listened carefully. "Prepare a message."

He coughed and dictated. "To my friend Empress Akasha, It is an honor and a pleasure to hear from you this day. Sadly, dark times loom ahead for both of our fair kingdoms. Aragon is a menace. A blight on the land that threatens the safety of my ponies and I will not rest until they are repulsed from my gates. I thank you again for contacting me, and would welcome the traditional troops."

He paused, then continued.

"It pains me to say, but it is past the point of diplomacy. I have an obligation to my citizens that I will not shirk for the sake of peace. I respect your... attraction to peace but find it impossible. I hope you will consider sending your aid. Your Ally, OzyManedias the Greater."

After sending away the messenger, he returned the commander of the Sixth Battalion.

"Dux Yossaria, you understand this is a suicide mission."

"Yes, Imperator."

OzyManedias patted the mare on the back. she was a great leader, admired by her soldiers, and highly successful.

"You have your orders. Our plan depends on your cooperation."

"Imperator?"

"Yes, Dux Yossaria?"

"If I do everything to your specifications, do you think I will live?"

OzyManedias smiled. "Without a doubt. Yossaria."

Yossaria snorted. "Buckin sweet."

Vassago chuckled but what silenced by the icy glares of the Five.

"Yes." OzyManedias' smile grew wider from amusement. "Very... 'buckin sweet.'"

((CAUSUM BELLI: DEFENSE AGAINST AGGRESSION))
Back to top Go down
Torna

Torna

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms RP thread.   Kingdoms RP thread. I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 12:15 am

Forest fires had been raging for a while now. Nobody really knew where it came from, since the Aragonese armies were not expected by either side to have reached the walls yet. A courier enters the city, offering the aversion of war for the city and lands to act as a pathway from Aragon to it. The courier states that this is the only chance to escape a war. He then states that he has a time limit to follow, or else he will be presumed dead and the war would commence.
Back to top Go down
Rosey Bubbles

Rosey Bubbles

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms RP thread.   Kingdoms RP thread. I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 12:18 am

Queen Bithia took the Ducats from the Diplomats, and her eyes shined with a hint of greed.

"O-Oh, uhm, yes, great minds do think alike, by the way, if, by any chance we have any war campaigns you will support us, correct?"

She knew exactly what she was going to do with the Ducats, design a super spear.

It's tip would be made of a soft metal so once thrown, it will be useless to the enemy. It would also hit shields and hook onto them so the enemies shields would then be useless. She just needed somepony to build them for her, though. She didn't have that many people who would know how to create such a thing.

"Oh, and also, if I send you plans to make something, do you mind creating it?"
Back to top Go down
Thespi Bacchanalian

Thespi Bacchanalian

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms RP thread.   Kingdoms RP thread. I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 12:48 am

"What are you trying to do? have me killed!" OzyManedias accused the Lord of Fire.

The Lord of Fire, a large, burly earth pony, facehoofed. "It is the ceremonial armor of the Emperor."

"Its gold!"

"Yes. Yes it-"

OzyManedias interrupted him by taking his rapier and jamming it through the breastplate. it slid through the soft metal easily. "See? give me the steel chainlink shirt and some leather armor over it. I would rather go into battle looking like a commoner than make a pretty corpse." He left the Lord of Fire gapping as he walked to the parapet and noticed the smoke rising from the horizon.

"No. not yet." OzyManedias whispered.

He grabbed the Lady of Metal. "Contact our Ballista ships. Fire there, there and there." He shoved her away. "Go now!" He grabbed a passing servant. "Contact Dux Yossaria. Tell her to mobilize the Six Battalions now and wait on my command. These bastards think they could just burn my forests to the ground? I won't let them!"

He heard the sound of hoofsteps as he saw the ships sail into the inner lake outside of Kaddath.

"Your Majesty, I bring a offer of surrender from the Aragonian army." OzyManedias whirled around to face the courier. "You are given until sundown for an answer, or they shall presume me dead."

OzyManedias walked to the courier and allowed his Prized Possession to enter his neck.

"That is my answer. Somepony clean this up. We are going to fix this before sundown."

Hours later...

Due to the northern winds, the fires had been progressing slowly. The flames had just become visible over the horizon, and the greenery was burning slower because of the dampness of the jungle.

OzyManedias' ballista's fired into the forests ahead of the fire. The burning shafts of their bolts exploded onto the forest floor and quickly spread, making a rival fire ahead of the Aragonian. the two fires started to clash and burn each other out.

There was still a considerable amount of jungle left on the two sides of the peninsula, but there was a scar through the center, not quite reaching the city itself, but enough for siege weapons to get close enough to fire. OzyManedias cursed his rotten luck, but remembered that they could not set fire to much more without facing the trebuchets behind Kaddath's wall.

"Fight fire with fire, I always say. We cannot wait for Empress Akasha. It would be a miracle if she got it in time much less was able to send troopers over land." OzyManedias lowered his helmet unto his head and turned to face his army.

"My soldiers!" A hush fell over the chattering Cataphracts and hopolites. "There are Ponies approaching this city. Your city. Do you know what they intend to do? They intend to burn. They intend to pillage. They intend to rape your wives, your daughters. They intend to kill your sons and make you watch.Let us destroy them with manu militari, with manus celer Dei, with. You all are here on public service to earn your right to live in your own city." He waited a moment.

"Magna Eremus est patria nostra!"

The Six Battalions roared their approval.

The Sixth's commander, Dux Yossaria. nodded to OzyManedias. "Ave Imperator, morituri te salutant" OzyManedias nodded respectfully. "Memento Mori, Magna cum laude."

Yossaria chuckled. "How could i not?"

Two Battalions marched to the center of the city and waited. Their bombards would not be able to fire on the armies without first destroying the walls.

Back to top Go down
Torna

Torna

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms RP thread.   Kingdoms RP thread. I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 1:07 am

Suddenly, large amounts of smoke were surrounding the city. The first had been a trick. They had set fires all around. They were surrounding the city. "Something is wrong," Torna told herself, the time limit had not run out, but the courier should have returned by now. It did not take him long to get there, a response would be quick, so what was taking him? "Caq! Emdi!" She shouts in Aragonese. A loud noise would be heard from Kaddath. Distant, yet ear-shattering. An explosion would follow along the walls. Soldiers would suffocate, burn, or fall from the walls. This noise happened again and again. The bombards had started firing, highly effective. These designs are specifically meant to breach walls, and to kill as many as possible along the way. It was happening from all sides, the Aragonese army surrounded the city from every degree. Smoke from the south was drifting towards the city's walls. Archers opened fire as well, attaching oil to their arrows so that a miss from a bombard would start a fire. one bombard shot a hook at the gate, and then a large team started pulling, attempting to pry it open. This would be very violent. Damage was beginning to happen. The aversion of bloodshed had been turned down by the rulers of this place of greed. The siege would last. They had brought enough soldiers and boulders as they could ever want. Oil was starting to be poured in with the boulders. This only happened in a few bombards, but nonetheless it started fires. A few bombards aimed higher, attempting to hit the soldiers. As a byproduct, this started hitting a few buildings behind the walls. There goes an oiled rock, lit ablaze, landing within the city. Archers started aiming for the soldiers on the wall, trying to prevent any form of counterattack. Even if the defenders had superior equipment, the army just from looking was at least twice what was expected. They had rigorous training on the way here, and the mass quantity would aid them in battle should training fail. All ways out of the city are blockaded, so there is no way to call for help. Remember, surrender is always an option.
Back to top Go down
Kenpachi Ramasama

Kenpachi Ramasama

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms RP thread.   Kingdoms RP thread. I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 1:27 am

Akaska reads the letter and sighs, setting it down and putting it aside. Her people were fighters but loved the tranquil settings of the mountains and peace of starting families. Leading them into a war would cost lives, but others would come home veterans with honor for their families. She decided to wait, wait and see.
Back to top Go down
Thespi Bacchanalian

Thespi Bacchanalian

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms RP thread.   Kingdoms RP thread. I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 2:07 am

The Walls of Kaddath eventually fell after the bombardment, leaving the center of the city exposed.

Centering the Two Battalions in the Town Square was a good move, the bombards demolished the walls but caused no casualties. The smoke wafted into the city in a great must, mostly deterred by the winds, but enough to obscure views and choke those unprepared.

"Grab cloth! anything! cover your mouths and noses!" OzyManedias yelled commands.

A majority of the Second Battalion caught the worse of it, and were reduced to useless huddles of coughing flesh. The smoke also prevented the Trebuchet's from firing accurately, their throws were inaccurate, but ever so often a lucky hit would take out a group of soldiers or a bombard.

But the smoke also proved a bane to the Aragonian army. The northern Aragonians' views were obscured and their aim was worsened for it.

OzyManedias mobilized the remaining of the Second Battalion to control the fires and help civilians, while the other split into teams of ten and spread through the city, keeping low, quiet, and keeping to the stone cover that didn't burn. They waited for the Aragonian's to invade the city. Archer's and Bombards can only do so much before they had to invade the city itself.

"Psch. Losers. Now what am I going to do? They messed up the Emperor's plan!" Yossaria lamented from the inland lake. She leaned on the railing of the ship. "Soldiers! We are changing our Modus Operandi. Listen closely."

In the northern wastes that were the jungles of Kaddath, under a shroud of smoke, The other Four Battalions made their move. Ballista bolts wizzed through the smoke, slamming with deadly accuracy into the rearmost bombards. The four hundred soldiers moved like a ghost, going from Bombard to Bombard, Unit of Aragonian soldiers to Unit of Aragonians.

The Northern bombards slowly grew quieter, then silenced. The 500 that attacked the North of Kaddath were scattered and defeated.

"Soldiers! Magna Eremus est patria nostra! Fight! More ferarum!" Dux Yossaria yelled to her troops as they swept down the eastern side of the city, bearing down on the unprotected flank.

OzyManedias III heard from one unit of ten of the fall of the northern forces. "Yossaria... you magnificent mare you. We march on the Western forces! Soldiers! Mors Omnibus Aragon!" he joined his forces as they charged through the smoke towards the Western Aragonian front. Breaking through, the 150 so Eremians clashed with the Aragonians.

On the East, a force of 400 swept through the unprepared flanks of the Aragonians, on the West, a force of 150 charged the Western front.

The tides of the battle were quickly changing, and the odds were quickly favoring the Eremians.

The Siege of Kaddath was broken, and the Battle began.
Back to top Go down
Kenpachi Ramasama

Kenpachi Ramasama

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms RP thread.   Kingdoms RP thread. I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 2:15 am

A last second decision changed Akasha's mind and she had her Banners rallied, soldiers from all Cities and small towns. All trained for months to be adept in the art of war. She walked through her lines in her Battle armour and begins the march to the city.
Back to top Go down
Torna

Torna

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms RP thread.   Kingdoms RP thread. I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 2:28 am

The Aragonese armies had clearly an advantage, being double in size what they expected. All of the southern bombards kept firing into the city, hitting whatever troops they could and starting fires where possible. The bombards, being fortified, were left to keep firing as the loose troops all gathered around the Eremian armies. Arrows from the trees, spear cavalry charging in, torches being thrown into the crowd. They followed the horde tactics of surround groups and kill them, bit by bit, while fires caused casualties on both ends and the spear cavalry tore down lines of troops. Anywhere there was a straight line, they would be picked off. More and more kept coming, their numbers previously clearly underestimated, as well as their fighting spirit. They had an extremely high morale, believing that the city was rightfully theirs. They had to acquire it, Torna's speeches along the march here showed them that. You had to hand it to her, for a heathen, she could influence an army greatly. They fought viciously, swarming enemies, anyone not watching their back would be stabbed, lone soldiers would be charged. All the time, they kept up an inhuman (inpony?) sounding battle cry which would lower morale in anyone. It was a shrill, high pitch shout. It sounded monstrous when applied to the current scenario. No troops of Aragon would ever stop their battles. They did not fear death, for they knew they would die for a cause and the glory of their queen. Have fun, it seems that a good ambush cannot outrun quality. The cavalry is quick and brutal, and archers hidden, constantly changing spots, and the fires are random. At some point, jars of hot oil were starting to be thrown into the field. This was intimidation, nobody wanted to be hit. This counter-counter-attack was mainly, on the Aragonese part, about lowering morale by picking off crowds and causing serious injury. The siege had not ended either. If the Aragonese armies retreat, it is into the city to slaughter as many soldiers as they can find. If the Eremians retreat, the Aragonese pick them off as they run, then they go into the city. This could have been averted with surrender, and it still can. Torna hopes in her mind that Ozy will come out, end the hostilities, so that no more soldiers of either side will suffer. The remaining bombards continue their constant fire at a rapid rate, and still block off all ways out of the city. The oil balls which light fires were becoming more common. Now that the wall was down, it was time to smoke out the troops. They could only hope the civilians would be alright. Torna looked at this whole thing in disgust, but also is vigor and hope.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms RP thread.   Kingdoms RP thread. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kingdoms RP thread.
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next