My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic OC RP
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Welcome to the forum! Here we aim to have fun role playing your own OC ponies and chat with your fellow bronies. Please say hi to us in the forum chatroom at the bottom of the home page and look at the rules to help get you started.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Equestria everypony! Come and Roleplay with your MLP OC in Ponyville and many other places!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What's a Saturday Without a Drink?

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
An

What's a Saturday Without a Drink? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's a Saturday Without a Drink?   What's a Saturday Without a Drink? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 1:56 am

Nova wasn’t expecting such a quick change in the other Pegasus, but she immediately felt terrible for bringing up such a sensitive subject and causing Blur to go through painful memories. If only she knew, she wouldn’t have asked at all, she only wanted to know more about the others after all. It must be awful not to know about yourself, Nova thought; her eyebrows joining in a sympathetic look. She even could swear she heard Delivery mumble something with a sad tone.
She was a little perplexed when she realised Blur was already back to a lighter mood. He didn’t look like he was faking it in order to comfort the others and her though, so she had to believe what she was witnessing. She was still a bit troubled when Gust started talking and Delivery commented on music. She nodded in agreement to the idea of going to one of the unicorn’s show, even if that would take her as far as Canterlot.

Then the DJ asked her back where she was from and Nova Sharp recalled the fact the two others weren’t there when she talked about herself.

“Um, from a discreet neighbourhood of Manehattan. But at some point I decided the city wasn’t big enough for both my family and I so I left in order to really fly on my own wings… No bad pun intended. They’re really nice, but I wanted to really live without having them popping up at my workplace to chat and stay all day or to try to pay for my every expenses. How am-I supposed to be a real professional grown up otherwise” She answered, shrugging at the silliness of her own story.

She hoped it wouldn’t stir up painful memories from anypony else now, but there was little she could do about it but to avoid pressing on on such matters.
Back to top Go down
Madness116

Madness116

PostSubject: Re: What's a Saturday Without a Drink?   What's a Saturday Without a Drink? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 4:51 pm

Wander Blur felt like he had killed the mood, and was listening diligently. "Canterlot and Manehattan," he said, examining the words,"I've heard of those places, never been, would like to go someday." He turned to Delivery and gave him a friendly pat on the back. "When I first met you I'd assumed that putting a few drinks in you wouldn't turn you into a big softy!" He laughed for a moment andd stopped with a sigh. "Hm... I've never asked, but is there a legal drinking age?" He smiled awkwardly and looked at the other two. THAT wasn't a bad question to ask considering he had just told them all that he never knew where he was born and raised. They might assume he was going to drink his troubles away or something. Again considering that he had never gotten drunk in his life, he tossed that notion out the window and loosened up. "Just a question, depending on the answer of course!"
Back to top Go down
Vinyl Dash

Vinyl Dash

PostSubject: Re: What's a Saturday Without a Drink?   What's a Saturday Without a Drink? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 8:15 pm

Gust smiled at Special Delivery as he mentioned visiting one of Gust's gigs, even more when Nova also offered.

"Oh yeah, they're great! You should definitely come see one sometime. 'Course, it's all on your own time, I'm not gonna force you."

Gust turned to Nova Sharp as she answered his question on her origin, and nodded, imagining DJing with a little sister or brother asking him a billion questions at every gig and getting him in trouble for being at the DJ booth.

"Yeah, I can see that, makes sense."

"Canterlot and Manehattan, I've heard of those places, never been, would like to go someday."

Gust nodded again in agreement to what Wander Blur said.

"Definitely nice places to visit. Canterlot has some of the best clubs in the world, and you could find some really nice stuff there. Great time, as long as you steer clear of nobles. Manehattan's also a nice place, s'long as you stay away from the slums..."

"Hm... I've never asked, but is there a legal drinking age? Just a question, depending on the answer of course!"

Gust laughed at this.

"Haha! That just made my day... Just take my advice and don't make a big deal of it. You order a drink without hesitating and the barkeep in question will probably just expect you to be old enough. Trust me, that's how I would get my drinks when I was younger."

Seeing as how the group was getting more into drinks, Gust decided it would be a good time to drink his Everclear. He picked up the bottle of the counter and opened it, taking a sip and savoring the flavor.
Back to top Go down
http://mlp-foe-oc-rp.forumotion.com/
Badger

Badger

PostSubject: Re: What's a Saturday Without a Drink?   What's a Saturday Without a Drink? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 11:37 pm

"Canterlot can be filled with a little uptight snobs, tho..." Special Delivery said, smirking a little bit, "Aaaand, Manehattan is a little too big for my taste, especially the slums. Also, they are too tightly packed for me to feel comfortable."

Special Delivery sighed a little bit, finishing his drink. He did not order a new one just yet, as he did not want to become piss-drunk while staying at a relative's place. Aunt would not be happy, if he'd stumble home, singing, cursing and maybe puking too.

"Dunno what kind of family you have, Miss Sharp, but I miss mine at times. As soon as my special talent was discovered, I was harnessed to aid the family business and sent out to take messages."

At Wander Blur's question legal age, he shrugged. "You could just order a soda and something to bite, if you feel like it. I often stay at taverns and bars for a quick meal and refreshments."
Talking about something to eat made Spec feel a little hungry, but he was not sure if it was real hunger or just a craving for some snacks. After all, he had eaten at his aunt's place, and he really needed to stay on the lighter side. ...Though, his job did demand masses of energy...
Back to top Go down
An

PostSubject: Re: What's a Saturday Without a Drink?   What's a Saturday Without a Drink? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 1:20 am

Nova Sharp nodded in agreement about the slums of Manehattan: she wouldn’t go often there, but she lived close enough to know about the sad reality of life in such part of the big City. It wasn’t all bright and sunny, so her mother would say…

“Yeah, they can be annoying, but of course I miss them from times to times. At least I do plan to visit them soon.” The zebra pony commented further about her family.

Nova softly giggled when she heard Blur talking about the legal drinking age.

“In any way, I’m not going to be the one to report you. Only real crimes bother me enough to.” She commented, not wanting to sound too much of a party pooper, but avoiding sounding too immoral for a PI as well.
Back to top Go down
Madness116

Madness116

PostSubject: Re: What's a Saturday Without a Drink?   What's a Saturday Without a Drink? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 4:55 am

"Only real crimes bother me enough to."

Wander Blur's interest suddenly tilted. "You never said what your job was..." His face wore a faked scowl and frown combo. He leaned forward at Nova Sharp and stared with newly arisen curiosity, masked by faked suspicion. Blur then laughed at his own antics and relaxed again. After sitting on a nearby stool for a moment, he was then struck with a sudden realization and a huge grin grew on his face. "You're a PI, aren't you Nova Sharp?"
Wander had seen lots of ponies, from many different trots of life, Miss Sharp just about matched the clues he had seen so far. Given they were few and far between, and it was mostly a guess, he was certain he was correct. Besides, she didn't look like any guardspony, again considering if she was a guardspony there wouldn't be much reporting as arresting being done. Wander's head began to hurt as he considered other possibilities and he decided to stick with his original suggestion.
Back to top Go down
Vinyl Dash

Vinyl Dash

PostSubject: Re: What's a Saturday Without a Drink?   What's a Saturday Without a Drink? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 2:19 am

“In any way, I’m not going to be the one to report you. Only real crimes bother me enough to.”

Wait, she's a cop? What? Gust looked at the zebra with new curiosity, and slight caution. He took a sip of his Everclear and began to ask Nova to confirm his thoughts, but Wander Blur got to that before him.

"You never said what your job was...you're a PI, aren't you Nova Sharp?"

PI? Private...Inspector? No, Investigator...Private Investigator. Or was it Personal Investigator... Gust had forgotten how potent his drink was; he could already feel the familiar fuzziness creeping up on his mind. Nevertheless, he could conclude that Nova was a detective.

"Detective, huh...? Don't see those often in Ponyville..."

He took another sip, thinking back to whether he ever HAD actually ever seen a cop or detective or the like in Ponyville.
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

PostSubject: Re: What's a Saturday Without a Drink?   What's a Saturday Without a Drink? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 3:23 pm

Special Delivery took a curious look at the zebra pegasus, now that one from their party had asked about their profession. He leaned his chin on other fronthoof, while gazing at the mare, then saying: "I case you are PI, I guess there is not much crimes happening in Ponyville."

He was silent for a moment, wondering whatever he knew about the private detectives, which was about as much as he knew about music - next to nothing. The yellow earth pony licked his lips, as it seemed that the majority of the party had quite a lot more interesting jobs compared to his messenger service.
Back to top Go down
An

PostSubject: Re: What's a Saturday Without a Drink?   What's a Saturday Without a Drink? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 1:26 am

Once again, Nova Sharp wondered if she didn’t say something she shouldn’t as she felt three pairs of eyes on her, some more scrutinizing than others. Was she seated with scoundrels with a hatred of anybody working for the Law of Celestia? Blur’s attitude and question had her squint at him with a mix of caution and defiance, waiting for any hint at his true feelings on the matter.
Seeing how he ended up laughing at this and realising his deduction only amused him, visibly Nova relaxed. She let a mischievous corner smile show on her face as a way to confirm Blur’s thoughts.

Gust and Delivery commented as well, which made her a bit embarrassed: PI was a job so unusual she felt like an attention seeker only by letting other people know about it. Though wasn’t it better if people are aware there is at least one detective in Town? That might get her some contracts after all, something she really needed, she thought.

“Yeah, well, it’s really not that of a big deal. I don’t know for the other Private Eyes –if there are any- but in my case it’s nowhere near the excitement we can see in Mystery Novels. At least not in Ponyville, as I mentioned earlier.” She shrugged.

“I hope you gentlemen don’t mind; it’s not like I am planning to spy on you and pry on you private life either… at least not unless I get a contract to do so by one of your ex-sweetheart!” She then teased, hoping the bad reputation of her job won’t bother the stallions.
Back to top Go down
Vinyl Dash

Vinyl Dash

PostSubject: Re: What's a Saturday Without a Drink?   What's a Saturday Without a Drink? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 12:57 pm

((Madness (Wander Blur) hasn't responded in a bit, especially considering his responses were usually only one or two days late at most. Should we maybe skip him for a bit or something? Or just keep waiting? :/))
Back to top Go down
Madness116

Madness116

PostSubject: Re: What's a Saturday Without a Drink?   What's a Saturday Without a Drink? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 4:32 pm

Wander Blur pumped his hoof in success, "I knew it!" He found himself getting a little bit too excited, seeing as he was now flapping his wings while he was sitting. After he stopped himself, Wander had remembered something that made him a tad bit nervous. "Heh, and regarding the 'ex-sweethearts', there was this one mare," he tapped his chin in thought, "but she ended up being crazy, and not the cute kind." Blur was starting to wonder if she was still following him. "I'm talking stalker crazy, took me almost a year to get away from her!" He shuddered at the thought of that insane mare somehow finding him here.

(I hath returned! Apologies for my lateness, I had a lot going on with school and the like, wasn't able to check up on this for awhile.)
Back to top Go down
Vinyl Dash

Vinyl Dash

PostSubject: Re: What's a Saturday Without a Drink?   What's a Saturday Without a Drink? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 5:50 pm

((It's alright.))

Gust held his hooves up for a few seconds as Wander Blur nearly hit him with his wings, then put them down again, allowing Blur to finish.

"If I were you I wouldn't ask questions I wouldn't want the answer to." He chuckled a bit. "Might wanna stop there in case you figure out something that you might not want to."

He took another sip of his Everclear and paused a second, then turned to Nova. "PI. Das pretty cool. So you like...get paid to find out about stuff. Huh."

Thunder Gust thought about that. Seems nice, I woulda stayed in Manehattan in her case though...
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

PostSubject: Re: What's a Saturday Without a Drink?   What's a Saturday Without a Drink? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 11:48 pm

Special Delivery snacked on some peanuts, that were in a bowl on the desk, listening to the chitter-chatter. He sighed a little, feeling actually rather tired - especially considering he had done a full day's work, helping around his aunt's house. Wander Blur told about a former lover of his, seeming quite happy that the lover was - indeed - no longer in the scene. Settling nicely on his stool, he pondered about something in his slightly intoxicated mind.

"Sooooo..." he said, looking at the PI-pegasus, "What would happen if somepony was to hire two investigators to watch each other?"
He smirked a little about the odd question, but then again, someday somepony might hire two messengers to find each other, and that would be an interesting day.
Back to top Go down
An

PostSubject: Re: What's a Saturday Without a Drink?   What's a Saturday Without a Drink? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 10:32 pm

Nova couldn’t help but chuckle at Blur’s excitement and misadventure. If only he knew how often she had to deal with stalker back when she was taking a few cases from the neighbourhood agency to help out the PI working there. Or maybe they were sending her on such creepy cases on purpose…
Gust’s question took her out of her thoughts.

“Well yeah, most of the time yes. Or at least that’s what I would be doing if I could, but lately I’ve been on wild goose chases after missing pets and lost keys…” she winced as she answered.

At Delivery’s turn and hearing how he now talked, Nova felt a bit annoyed at the idea she might end up being the only one sober in the place –although she was starting to feel the alcohol having an effect on her, it would never be enough to reach to overall drunkenness you could see at this time of the day in the Tavern.

“Good question, but it might just freak them out a little to always come across each other I guess…” she played on as she took a sip of her cider. “But don’t you dare test it with me!” she added, laughing.
Back to top Go down
Madness116

Madness116

PostSubject: Re: What's a Saturday Without a Drink?   What's a Saturday Without a Drink? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 10:19 pm

Wander Blur had become slightly paranoid to say the least, after Gust's comment on his situation, and had then been sidetracked looking at the surroundings until Nova Sharp mentioned her lack of serious clientele. "So I suppose that's why you haven't been able to hire anypony else, eh?" Once again Blur was hit with sudden remembrance, and excitement shone in his eyes like a colt in a candy store. "If you'll excuse me for a moment..." Blur then set his satchel on the floor and jumped INSIDE its leathery depths. He then began to rummage through his supplies, looking for a special something he had gotten through a certain misadventure. "No... no, no... nope..." he continued to search as his satchel rumbled on the outside.
Back to top Go down
Vinyl Dash

Vinyl Dash

PostSubject: Re: What's a Saturday Without a Drink?   What's a Saturday Without a Drink? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 10:46 pm

“Good question, but it might just freak them out a little to always come across each other I guess… But don’t you dare test it with me!”

Gust laughed with Nova for a moment, still thinking about how cool it'd be for two PI's to go against eachother. He looked towards Wander Blur as he commented on the discussion, taking another sip of his Everclear.

"So I suppose that's why you haven't been able to hire anypony else, eh?"
He paused. "If you'll excuse me for a moment..."

Gust's jaw dropped a good 5 inches as Wander Blur dove into his satchel bag, completely disappearing into its depths as he started rummaging through it.

"What!? How did-? Gah, I don't get that..." Gust wasn't sober enough to get the thought through that it WAS a magical bag, so his mind simply dismissed it as impossible, making his head hurt from thinking too hard about it.

"Dude, what're you doing?"
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

PostSubject: Re: What's a Saturday Without a Drink?   What's a Saturday Without a Drink? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 4:37 pm

The yellow stallion laughed, raising his front hooves apologetically at Nova Sharp. "I would not - could not - afford that, anyway." he said, then sipping the last of his colourful drink.

Special Delivery noticed the pegasus stallion suddenly jumping to the bag. He turned away from the scene, then back to it, and then away from it again, deciding he had had enough to drink for tonight, for surely the drink had turned his mind into mash.

[Sorry, short for now.]
Back to top Go down
An

PostSubject: Re: What's a Saturday Without a Drink?   What's a Saturday Without a Drink? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 5:48 pm

Nova chuckled at Delivery's answer, but turned a bit more serious at Blur's question:

"Well, I doubt I can afford an employee or an associate of any kind, unless they want to do community service and do it for free. But I guess..."

She interrupted herself as she realised what the other Pegasus was doing: that crazy trick with his satchel. She looked at the two other stallions as to check if she was the only one seeing this. Delivery's cool attitude made her doubt her sanity for a moment, but Gust's disbelieve made her feel a little less left out.

"Where did you get that thing?!" she let out, eyes wide opened.

She heard about the funky magic going on around Ponyville, but she didn't really witnessed something of that extend.

Back to top Go down
Madness116

Madness116

PostSubject: Re: What's a Saturday Without a Drink?   What's a Saturday Without a Drink? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 11:10 pm

Wander Blur popped his head out sporting a monocle and top hat, "I believe I told Delivery where I got this satchel," He said, tapping his chin, "One of my earliest memories was being given this satchel by a unicorn, then being told to run by said unicorn." He felt mixed emotions of thankfulness and sadness as he began to turn to a pondering pose and shook his head to recover, knocking his fancy accessories off to the side. "Wish I could meet her someday and thank her for this," he then dived back down and continued his search for a specific oddity. "No sense worrying about that right now though..." Blur was reaching around for said item when he pricked his hoof against something sharp. "Ow!" He said rubbing his hoof, and upon squinting the object which he had been searching for was revealed! Blur then exclaimed in a sing-song voice, "I found it~!"
Back to top Go down
Vinyl Dash

Vinyl Dash

PostSubject: Re: What's a Saturday Without a Drink?   What's a Saturday Without a Drink? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 11:30 pm

Thunder Gust soon picked up his jaw, throwing the thoughts of the satchel away in order to get rid of his headache. Wander Blur soon popped out of the satchel again, wearing a monocle and top hat. He was looking for some fancy headwear...?

"I believe I told Delivery where I got this satchel. One of my earliest memories was being given this satchel by a unicorn, then being told to run by said unicorn."

That's pretty cool...I should find that unicorn, get me an infinite satchel thing...

"No sense worrying about that right now though...Ow!"

Thunder Gust tried to look into the satchel to see what Wander Blur was doing in there, but within an inch of the opening it faded into blackness and you couldn't see anything inside. What if I went in there...hmm... Gust took another long sip of his Everclear as Wander Blur announced the finding of the object he was looking for.

"And what exactly did you find?"
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

PostSubject: Re: What's a Saturday Without a Drink?   What's a Saturday Without a Drink? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 12:44 pm

Blame it on the drinks, Special Delivery had no clear memory of the satchel being mentioned. Though, he was propably just being forgetful, and Wander Blur had actually mentioned about it.
"Sorry, pal," he said, looking thoroughly embarrassed, "Might've taken a stronger drink than what I was supposed to. I have no memory of the satchel what-so-ever." An embarrassed blush crept on his face, as he admitted, "And my memory has always been this excellent - but terribly short, like a goldfish' memory".

He sighed a little, though being curious about the thing that Blur had found, he suddenly felt extremely tired. Sooner or later he would have to go home - erm, his aunt's home.
Back to top Go down
An

PostSubject: Re: What's a Saturday Without a Drink?   What's a Saturday Without a Drink? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 3:41 pm

Nova felt as if she committed yet another awkward mistake when the other Pegasus mentioned the fact he already told them about his bag and his sad story. She had no good reason to forget it at all –unlike Delivery, she thought with a smile on her lips- so it was probably only the effect of the surprise on her.

“Sorry, I just… where did the Unicorn found it, then: you don’t come across objects infused with such magic quite often. With all the things one could hide in that, isn’t it illegal or something?”
Nova pondered half to herself as Blur seemed more concerned about something pointy in his magic satchel. The Zebra hybrid stayed quiet as Blur declared he found what he was looking for, waiting with wonder what that was all about anyway.
Back to top Go down
Madness116

Madness116

PostSubject: Re: What's a Saturday Without a Drink?   What's a Saturday Without a Drink? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 9:40 pm

Wander Blur popped out of the satchel triumphantly, with his hooves overhead, clutching a detached dragon's tooth. "I thought YOU were the law expert here!" He said with a laugh, gently placing it in one of the normal pockets on the satchel so as not to drop it into the abyss, and to keep it visible. "As to where she got the satchel, I have no clue." Blur decided not to delve into another sob story as he eyed the shining tooth, thinking about the unknown unicorn. "Also, do you know how much this would cost?" Blur looked into the extremely polished tooth, he would answer as to how he got the tooth as opposed to the satchel, if they only asked. He then noticed how drunk and tired Special Delivery seemed to be getting, "You look pretty tired over there, friend." Blur wondered how many drinks Delivery had, nearly forgetting about the topic at hoof.

(Just a little side note, "or something?" That made me laugh a lot more than it should have!)
Back to top Go down
Vinyl Dash

Vinyl Dash

PostSubject: Re: What's a Saturday Without a Drink?   What's a Saturday Without a Drink? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 12:02 am

Thunder Gust blinked, somewhat astonished, as Wander Blur pulled out a dragon's tooth from his satchel. Woah...where did he get that...?

"Also, do you know how much this would cost?"

How much would that cost? Probably a billion bits no less...wait...do I have my math right...? Thunder Gust realized that he was now getting an awful headache. Probably too much to alcohol ...might be time to head home. Don't wanna leave these guys though... Gust shook his head slightly, trying to get the dizziness and slight pain out of his head.

"You look pretty tired over there, friend."

Yes, excuse. He looked over at Special Delivery. Did he look tired? Gust couldn't tell. Not entirely sure if he should say something, Gust propped his head on a hoof on the bar counter, awaiting for the conversation to move forward.
Back to top Go down
Badger

Badger

PostSubject: Re: What's a Saturday Without a Drink?   What's a Saturday Without a Drink? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 12:07 pm

"I am just bad at socializing..." Special Delivery insisted, swinging his hoof at the comment Wander Blur had made.
"I don't need anypony--", he stopped at mid-sentence to take a good yawn, "-- to tell me when to go to bed. I am not a small colt anymore."
Then he crossed his front legs over his chest and pouted, pretty much creating an image of a foal about to throw a tantrum just because not wanting to go to bed.

About the inquiry of the price of the item Wander had raised up, Spec did not know the answer. He was not the pony of prices and sells and stuff. Propably, he would have gone from underpriced to waaaaaay overpriced with his guesses.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's a Saturday Without a Drink?   What's a Saturday Without a Drink? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's a Saturday Without a Drink?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next